Thursday, May 27, 2010

A little about this blog...

So I thought I should say a few things about what I plan to blog about on here, seeing as I haven't really done that yet, and generally say hello.


Hello!

I've never had a blog before despite being the ripe old age of 28 (not 3 as suggested above), and I'm not even very good at keeping up with emailing friends, so I doubt I will be a hugely prolific blogger. Hopefully quality over quantity though.

I also don't think I'll be posting outfit photos, because despite my undying love for all things vintage and retro, working from home in the winter months without using the energy-hungry heating system means wearing about 7 layers, including ugg boots and fingerless mittens (so I can still type!) which frankly, is not all that hot. Well, warm but not sexy.


See what I mean? This was in Europe a couple of years ago, but the concept still stands...

I do however intend to post photos of my vintage finds and tasters of the lovely things I'll be listing online on my own website and maybe at etsy too.

And I intend to post articles and photos of neat things I see online in the vintage and recycled fashion realm - I'm a huge advocate for use and re-use, recycling and re-purposing, if that's even a word, and I hate throwing anything away that I feel has more life left in it yet! I'm slowly becoming more creative and resourceful but am not quite at the DIY stage yet, which is why I love reading about other peoples' DIY projects.

And let's be honest, I'll probably also use this blog as a general outlet and place to have the odd rant about stuff.

I'm also liking that it's much easier to follow all of my favourite blogs now that I have one too, it's no longer a question of having all those bookmarks that I forget to visit :)

Anyway, nice to be here in the blogosphere, see you later!

Lydia

4 comments:

  1. Oooo, sounds like my work 'uniform'. My ugg boots are, embarrasingly, bright pink! Bought back in my young days, NEVER to leave the house!!! *lol

    renewvintage.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine occasionally get to go out to the letterbox, but never past! They're a few years old too, I just buy new sheepskin insole inserts for them when they get all trodden down, to keep them super toasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, looking at your picture so cosy with that cup i feel i need to make a hot chocolate asap.... off to kitchen... ;O

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use my blog to rant about random things too! love it.

    lovely blog+pics ;)
    Cheers, Jesa

    ReplyDelete